Answers You Will Receive
when choosing 1st Choice Home Inspections
1. We have been in the residential inspection business since 2002 and have over 80 years of combined residential building experience.
2. We are a FULL SERVICE inspection company. "One-Stop" shopping.
3. Yes, we do carry Errors & Omissions insurance and General Liability Insurance.
4. We always encourage buyers to attend the inspection. Buyers that attend have a better understanding of the property as viewed by the inspector and are better able to read and interpret the final report. The buyer's attendance also helps them understand the scope of a home inspection as well as the limitations.
5. An inspection can usually be scheduled within one or two days. WE INSPECT 7 DAYS A WEEK!!
6. A typical inspection of a 2400 square foot house will take roughly 2.5-3 hours.
1. Our inspectors have over 80 years of construction and inspection experience. In addition, each of our inspectors have completed the industry's most extensive training program, offered by Carson, Dunlop and Associates (Architects and Engineers) and American Home Inspectors Training Institute (AHIT), Moisture Warranty Corporation, Jon-Don Corporation and ESA (Environmental Solutions of America).
2. All inspectors are members of NAHI. The National Association of Home Inspectors is a non-profit professional society dedicated to establishing standards of excellence for professional home inspectors.
3. Mold, Radon, EIFS, and Environmental Testing.
1. The inspection fees vary depending on the size and age of the home. CALL our office at 630-904-9296 for a specific quotation. WE PERFORM INSPECTIONS SEVEN (7) DAYS A WEEK!
2. A full inspection covers the Site/Grounds, Exterior, Structural Components, Foundation, Roof, Attic, Insulation, Ventilation, Plumbing, Electrical, Heating/AC, Garage, Kitchen, Bathrooms, and Interior.
3. We prepare an very detailed electronic report, including photo's. We also prepare an extensive written report that generally runs 32 pages. Included in both types of reports is a Report Overview/Summary that will let you quickly review the recommended improvements to the home. The reports are narrative in nature so that you can read, in plain english, the results of the home inspection. In the written report, there are 4 copies of the report: customer copy, realtor copy, attorney copy and a company copy for 1st Choice Home Inspections.
We can provide advice on logical discretionary improvements, if requested. Ask us about our Annual Tune-Up Inspection.
4. The electronic report is sent out within 24 hours after the completion of the inspection. The written report is available upon completion of the inspection. A Re-Cap Report is sent with the electronic report and is e-mailed, within 24 hours, for the written report, highlighting the issues found in the home.
5. You can receive a sample report by contacting our office.
6. Yes, our reports conform to (and exceed) the NAHI Standards of Practice.