Questions You Should Ask...
...when choosing a home inspector
Choosing a home inspection company is an important decision for every home buyer. A thorough, pre-purchase inspection of a house can be your best defense against unwanted surprises after you move into your new home.
On this page of our site, we'll try to give you some insight into what questions you should ask when selecting a home inspection service. Even if you don't choose 1st Choice Home Inspections, we'd like to help you make an educated decision.
1. What is your experience in the industry?
2. Do you provide other inspection services? If so, what services?
3. Do you have professional liability insurance?
4. Do you have Errors & Omissions insurance?
5. Do you encourage the client to attend the inspection?
6. How soon can you typically schedule an inspection?
7. How long will the inspection take?
1. Are you experienced in residential inspections?
2. Are you a certified member of the National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI)?
3. What other certifications do you hold?
1. How much will the inspection cost?
2. What will the inspection report include?
3. What type of report is received?
4. How soon is the report available?
5. Can we see a sample of your report?
6. Does the report conform to NAHI Standards?